- Published on Wednesday, 07 November 2012 16:58
Free one-on-one computer help sessions in Portland, Heywood and Casterton.
Trained staff will assist you with a particular issue - or a task you'd like to know how to do. Bookings are essential to ensure staff availability and can be made at each individual branch.
What we can help you with:
- Computer Basics - How to turn a PC on and use a mouse.
- Basic Internet searching - Basic search techniques and tools.
- MS Word Basics - Introduction to word processing. Learn how to create & format documents.
- Set up a free email account - How to open, send & receive emails and attachments.
- iPads & tablet devices - Learn how to use settings, download apps, music or watch catch-up TV.
- Use the library online - Request or renew books, access magazines & newspapers, find what to read next.
- Digital photos - How to upload photos, save and use basic edit functions.
- Facebook basics - What to know about using FB
- Online buying and selling tips
What we cannot help with:
- Online banking, repairs to hardware, software updates, e-tax or internet connection issues.
Further information for 2017 sessions